Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Pox on Our house



Oh ye chickenpox, a right of passage for any child, how I am grateful you are hereby vanquished from our home forever. You weren't too severe, and though you may have left a scar or two, I am happy you arrived when you did as you may have otherwise thwarted our plans to visit loved ones in America.

I am also grateful that you did not break Hopper's spirit. He remained happy and playful, if not a bit flushed and sleepy, but I certainly wish that you would have left his groin alone. And the inside of his ear, really? Why do you pick such awful places to live?

You have a reputation, like a fallen celebrity, causing ripples of pointing and woeful glances. (Because really, how do I keep a toddler indoors for a whole week?) But I dare say it's for all the wrong reasons, for you arrive and infringe yourself on many peoples lives by sheer force and vulgarity. I can see you have been busy in my city, making many appearances, and although you are welcome by a strange degree, we are always happy to see you leave. For good.

I bid you farewell, oh blistery one. It was real.
Doooooiiiieee, daaaaaag, buhbye!

PS. Thanks for the immunity boost you primeval parasite.

This week's activities included:
making rockets, fish and whales with 2 sets of buns

visiting the hissing ducks

kickin it

still happy

picking flowers for mama

acrobatics


visiting daddy's work on the last day of his show Don't Sleep On Your Moon

Beastie Boys stance

trainspotting

he insisted on napping in his stroller all week, with friends of course!

No comments:

Post a Comment